I am new to setting up my own business as a designer maker trying to make a living from being creative but I am by no means the only one.
I recently came across a campaign set up by Sarah Hamilton to support all manner of independent small creative businesses and I think it is a fab idea so I have joined in and you can too!
So what can YOU DO, I hear you ask? Answer: any or all of the following!
- If you love hand made then try to support local creators, galleries, fairs, exhibitions etc by buying from them. It doesn’t have to be a huge purchase or investment but as is often said, every little really does help and it will make such a difference to the maker.
- If you love a particular maker, gallery, exhibition etc then SPREAD THE WORD if you love them then I’m sure others will too
- tell your family and friends how fab they are and why
- blog about them
- like their facebook page
- follow them on twitter, pinterest, instagram
- tell them how you’re supporting their work
- if you know someone who would really appreciate a hand made gift that’s a bit different, then buy for them
- add the Just a Card logo to your blog to show your support
- download from www.justacard.org
- add your support to the campaign by following it on twitter
- anything else you can think of to HELP KEEP MAKERS MAKING
Thank you for your support, it is much appreciated…
t r a c y
* If you like what I do, then others might too – thank you for liking and sharing *